Cornfields and Ice cream

Weedsport Travel Blog

If ever there was a destination where literally nothing ever happened, it would be the village of Weedsport in Upstate New York.  Home to nearly 2,000 people and one traffic light this was far from my dream destination.  I've come to familiarize myself with the hustle and bustle of big cities while traveling.  This was nowhere near what I was used to.  For fun kids play on the rail road tracks or play hide and go seek in the corn fields.  NASCAR is the main topic of conversation along with the fireman's field day.  After the locals finish talking about those topics, they simply start talking about them all over again.

Weedsport was founded in 1831 and it's main attraction is the Erie Canal.  Another prominent feature in the village is a wall which as the name of all the local soldiers who have fought in wars.  One day we walked over to the wall to see my father's name posted.  I thought that was pretty cool.

Fancy eating in this place is Applebees, and you have to drive quite a ways to get there.  My only purpose of this trip was to visit family.  Both of my parents were raised in Weedsport and both of them couldn't wait to get out.  The highlights were standing on a bridge as a train passed under me, eating the biggest ice cream cone I've ever seen, taking pictures of myself doing nothing at all and hoping that this trip held more promise in store for me.

yheleen says:
i super love ice creamm!!!
Posted on: Jul 14, 2008