10 Tips for your Magic Kingdom Visit

Orlando Travel Blog

My cousins Brad and Jonathan came down for the holidays.  All year long we anticipated our trip down to Disney.  Brad (20) and Jonathan (16) had never been to Disney before so my brothers, Melissa and my two year old niece Olivia and I took them down for the day.  We had a blast.  The park opens at 8:00 am, and we arrived shortly thereafter.  I won't go into detail of what we did, instead I'll give you some tips.

1)  Get to the park early.  We arrived at 8 am and none of the rides had any waits.  After 11 am, the place gets packed.

2)  Know which rides you want to start off with.  If you're interested in Splash Mountain and Space Mountain, get to them early because the wait will get to over an hour long.

3)  Save your ticket once you enter the park.  You can use your ticket up to 3 times during the day for a "fast pass" ticket.  When you come upon a ride that has a long wait, simply slide your ticket into the fast pass machine to reserve a time slot to come back to the ride.  You cannot pick what time you want to revisit the ride so be sure to check out the screen displaying the next available time.  A ticket will be printed for you, simply return to the ride at the designated time, show your ticket and viola you've bypassed the line.

4)  Many of the classic rides have longer lines than the thrill rides.  Peter Pan, It's a Small World, Dumbo and Snow White all have long lines as well.  Consider using your pass for one of these.

5)  In Tomorrowland, if you ride the slow paced Blue Line you will get a great aerial view of the park and this may help you become oriented.

6)  Check out the maps provided at the front gate.  They offer information about the locations of bathrooms and restraunts as well as when the parades are, where and when to catch the shows and when the fireworks are being set off.

7)  If you're using a stroller, don't always expect it to be where you parked it.  It may be easier to bring your own stroller rather than getting on at the park.  All of the park's strollers look alike and it may be hard to locate the one lent to you.  If you've brought your own it will be easier to spot.

8)  Arrive early to the parades.  People start lining up about 40 minutes before the parade.  Grab an icecream or a cold drink and claim your spot for the parade.

9)  Try eating in Fantasyland.  There's a great sitdown place that offers views of the It's a Small World ride and someone helps you find a table so you won't have to search for one.

10)  Don't try to do Magic Kingdom all in one day.  It can't be done.  If you attempt to do so you will regret it.

Orlando