Inlandsbanan from Ostersund to Arvidsjaur (day 7)

Arvidsjaur Travel Blog

vilhelmina

This was a very long day, mostly sitting in a train. But it was a great day, beautiful sights and I've seen a lot of reindeer in the wild.

My trip started at 7.30 am (I had to get up very early again). At 9.45 am we had a little stop at Hoting to stretch our legs, but our first real stop was at 11.45 am to have lunch at Vilhelmina. This was a beautiful small town, surrounded by beautiful nature (but that's not so difficult in Sweden). If I had more time, I would have stayed there for a night, but after lunch I had to get back on the train and continnue my great trip.

Around 1 pm we stopped at Storuman to have an icecream.  And around 2.30 we stopped at Sorsele for a coffeebreak. In between these stops we enjoyed the sights, nature and some reindeer that ran away from the train.

steamtrain trip

At 4 pm we arrived at Arvidsjaur. First we went to the hotel to check in. So after the check in we could go back to the station...... yes, after an 8,5 hours traintrip........ to take another train, a steamtrain.  This train took us to Slagnas and back to Arvidsjaur. It was a beautiful ride. I've seen a lot of reindeer, one was even standing at the track and wouldn't leave, untill he saw the steam comming out of the train. On the way back we stopped at a lake to have a picknick. This was on a little beach with a super view. Eventhough it was a trainride again I'm glad I went on this trip, it really was a great experience.

Somewhere around 11 pm I got back at my hotel and went straight to bed after this long exciting day.

hoting
hoting
midnight at arvidsjaur looking left
midnight at arvidsjaur looking left
midnight at arvidsjaur looking rig…
midnight at arvidsjaur looking ri…
Arvidsjaur