X rated night at the Black Cat

San Pedro La Laguna Travel Blog

Well, we are in San Pedro la Laguna tonight, on Lago de Atitlan.  The landscape here is unbelievable.  Big green hills surround the lake, not to mention 3 huge volcanos.  It's impressive, especially with the clouds hovering around the tops of the hills.

Okay, so last night we stayed at a hostel in Antigua called the Black Cat.  Very cool place, nice owners.  We had to stay in separate dorm rooms because we got the only two beds left in the place.  It was a little party-ish, but comfortable.  Until about 12:30 a.m., when I was lying on my bed in the dorm room, trying to go to sleep listening to music on my ipod and one of my dorm-mates comes in with a girl and they start getting to know each other on his bed.  Oh lord.  I sort of moved around a bit when they first came in, trying to alert them to my presence, but it became clear they thought I was sleeping.  I really wish I had been sleeping.

All I have to say is Bless You Steve Jobs for inventing the ipod.  And Bless You to the band Air for having long songs.  I am less traumatized because of you.
kindoor says:
Air, not Air Supply. Though A Supply could have been a great soundtrack for the moment.
Posted on: Jun 29, 2006
ericonicus says:
"I'm all out of love, I'm so lost without you. I know I was wrong. Believing . . . " yada yada yada. yeah, Air Supply can accentuate that shit. this is eric, of the late 60's supergroup, eric and rachel. I've been voyeuring for sometime now, Emily, and felt compelled to comment given andy's a supply reference.
i hear guatamalan pollo is as good as it gets and now i'm even more jealous of your traveling ways. anyway, eat a bug for me or at least steal a mayan relic . . . maybe buy me a che guevara shirt. you can't find those here in the states.
Posted on: Jun 27, 2006