The Grand Canyon

Grand Canyon Travel Blog

Just landed in the Grand Canyon

The one thing which EVERYONE told me to do during this trip was a helicopter ride down the Grand Canyon, so I did, and it was FANTASTIC! :-)

I went with Maverick helicopters, who were not the cheapest option, however, came very well recommended.  They lived up to their reputation by providing an amazing 4 or 5 hours.

They picked me up directly from the Bellagio, where I was joined with some others from the hotel. We were taken to the Maverick building which sits on the edge of Las Vegas airport, which was only about a 10 min car journey from the hotel.  We completed all of the safety briefing, weighing etc... in the building, before being taken out to the helicopters.

There was a fleet of about 6 all going at once, so the group was split up and assign a helicopter in a way which distributed the weight fairly (I think).

In the Grand Canyon
I ended up with a Czech family who didn't speak English, so the conversation during my flight was not great, but the views made up for it!

We took off and flew over the strip and then out in to the desert.  We then flew over Lake Mead, The Hoover Dam, various other bits, before landing in the the Grand Canyon itself. After landing, once the helicopters had powered down, I felt the furthest from anywhere on land I had ever felt before - it was really relaxing :-)

We stayed on the ground for about 30 mins, before heading back.

On the approach back, we flew over Vegas as the sun was setting, which is an amazing view! Check out the video below! :-)

My recommendation, if you go to Vegas, get a helicopter to the Grand Canyon! You won't regret it!

Just landed in the Grand Canyon
In the Grand Canyon
Flying over the Vegas Strip, retu…
Grand Canyon