Liverpool? Why not!

Liverpool Travel Blog

Liverpool's Albert Docks

I left Caernarfon today with thoughts of catching the ferry to Ireland. Unfortunately the ferry service on Sunday isn't ideal so I realized it would take me most of the day to get there. Instead, I stood in front of the schedule at the train station and picked a semi-random destination to head to. The next train was heading to Liverpool, and after quickly buying a ticket, so was I!

Liverpool was an interesting mix of a city. When I first arrived, I noticed many impressive old buildings. I walked a little further and the sky was suddenly filled with a dozen cranes, indicating this was a city in renewal. I headed to Albert Docks, a tourist area made out of the former shipyards. There were many free museums and I spent a while in the Museum for Maritime Life. I thought about partaking in the 'Beatles Experience' but after seeing the price tag for admission I figured I should stick to the free museums.

I wandered around during the evening and it felt like a ghost town. The place was dead! Shops were all shuttered and there were very few people on the streets. I did manage to spot a Banksy rat (banksy.co.uk) near chinatown though!

Where to next? Who knows, although I am getting pretty tired of lugging this saq around.

Liverpools Albert Docks