Home again

Toronto Travel Blog

Who needs a hotel?
We've arrived safely back home in Canada now. We even got to have some last-minute European adventures before we caught our plane. You see, our flight was scheduled at the early, early time of 8:30am Paris time. However, they recommended we should be there two hours before to check in. Unfortunately, the Paris metro didn't operate early enough to get there, so we ended up catching the last train to the airport the night before. We spent our last night in Europe sitting around Terminal 1 of Charles de Gaulle airport. Emma managed to find a comfortable position on the floor and slept a few hours while I, half-asleep myself, guarded our luggage from the hobos and cleaners wandering around. When the morning came, we breezed through check-in in 15 minutes and spent the remaining 1h45 passed out on a cafe table. We caught our plane (first class all the way baby!) and slept like babies for most of the ten hours it took to get home.

This will be my last update, and I'd like to thank everyone who followed Emma and my adventure's in Europe over the past four months. Your interest, comments, and support were happily received and put smiles on our faces as we adventured our way across the Old World.
17,471 km (10,856 miles) traveled