Back to Vienna

Vienna Travel Blog

Vienna's Parliament Building
I hear it takes at least three days to see everything Vienna has to offer. We didn't get to see everything we wanted our first time there, so we've returned for another brief visit. Our train from Budapest got in to Vienna quite late, about 9:30pm. Tired from the trip, we headed to our hostel, glad we had reserved our beds a a week earlier. Unfortunately, when we arrived at the hostel, the man told us he had just given our beds away to some random people. He then offered to call around to the other hostels and find us beds for the night. It was the least he could do. In the end, we found some beds in the local HI-affiliated hostel and by the time we showed up, everyone was already asleep. I quickly hopped into bed too, but Emma tells me she had some troubles in her room and didnt get to sleep until very late.

We woke the next day and went our separate ways. I headed to the Opera House to try to find a hat I had left there, to no avail. Then I went through the Austrian Treasury museum, full of all sorts of goodies. Too bad I couldnt read the information signs and get a real picture of what I was looking at. From what I could tell though, the collection contained the crown of the Holy Roman Emporer and a piece of the true cross. I also walked around the city ring and checked out the magnificent buildings, my favourite was the Austrian Parliament building. Emma went to an art gallery and saw Gustav Klimt's The Kiss, among other works. She tells me she enjoyed it very much.

After this short (less than a day) stop in Vienna, we boarded our train to...a mystery destination. Where could it be?
Viennas Parliament Building
Vienna's Parliament Building
Vienna Hostels review
Wombat's, this is the place where the cool kids hang out. If you are looking for a quiet, relaxing hostel, give this place a skip! However, if you enj… read entire review
Vienna