Ticheville Travel Blog

I spent my birthday in Normandy. And since I was turning 25 I thought the proper thing to do was rent a car. So I rented a car with another American girl I met while working there. The job didn`t work out for either of us so we left the day before my bday and hitched to Caen. We rented the car the next day and drove to the WWII beaches and Mont St. Michel and then down to Rennes to party for the night and then sleep in the car. The people in Rennes were quite interesting. We went into a latin type bar with the oddest mix of people I have possibly ever seen. It was great! Then we went to a college bar and meet a bunch of students who could speak our language and taught us how to say wanker in French, although I have forgotten. We had the car for 2 days, it was a Renault Twingo, the cheapest model we could get. It was also quite the piece of shit and we named it Timmy, after the character in South Park. We had to take the car back to Caen and when we returned it we weren`t able to leave the city that night by train, bus, or hitching. We also had a hell of a time finding a place to stay, and in the morning I left my camera in the train station and someone took off with it. So no pictures of France or Belgium, sorry folks!