home sweet home

Buenos Aires Travel Blog

What can I say, it has started to grow on me.  I can remember most of the cab ride from the airport and how I knew knowing about the city.  However, in the five weeks that have gone by since my arrival, it seems like there is not much that I do not know.  What is it that makes someone become comfortable in their surroundings and feel like they are at home?  Another vivid memory is the first night after having arrived in Buenos Aires, I cried.  I missed my familly and even more unsettling was the realization that I would not see them for over two months.  What could replace the people that meant so much to me when I was so far away from them?  Nothing can replacee those close to your heart but there are things that can comfort you in those times of need.  My friends that I have made on the trip so far, from all corners of South America and my Georgia Tech classmates, help with that.  Going to the park to spend an afternoon playing futbol with Guillermo, Carlos, Diu and others are among the best times I have had so far on the trip.  When you learn to meet and care for people it is a powerful moment.  Having people to look forward to spending time with is a priceless commodity that money can not buy.  They are genuine people, with ambitions and dreams, just like me.  Whether it be because of some dulce de leche pastries of a late night movie, there are people here that enjoy my company and I, theirs.  It dawned on me that when I leave Buenos Aires on Saturday, I will most likely never see any of these people again in my life.  It is a bittersweet moment, but having met the people that made me feel at home is better than neve having met them at all.