Lamar Hunt US Open Cup Semifinal- Revolution vs. Carolina RailHawks

New Britain Travel Blog

Pat

First off- what's a Railhawk?  Anyway, this was a little more planned since I got advanced tickets for the game for both me and my parents.  We drove down from Rutland that morning, checked into the hotel and went to the game.  There were assigned seats so I chose 2nd row in the middle.  It was fun watching the Revs warm up and directing my dad to take pictures (he has a zoom so close you can see their DNA camera).  They won't all be here though, just a few of my favorites.

Taylor wasn't there....*cries* Neither was Wells Thompson but that took me a lot longer to realize.  Anyway, yeah, I looked for Taylor, Pat, Jay, Steve...and Taylor was the only missing one and I had no idea why.  But I watched the others practice and it was pretty entertaining.

Pat and Jay
  Everyone left the field, except for Jay, who did some running and sprinting...

When everyone came back out, Jay put ice on his calves and he took the bench, but Pat started! :)  It was an exciting first half, though the RH got the first goal really early on (minute 6 I think).  Pat had some chances, but they didn't go in.

Then all hell broke loose.  There was a big scuffle that ended in 2 yellow cards (Avery John and a RH).  Then a minute later, there was a scuffle and two RED cards (Joseph and a RH), so each side was down to 10.  Other than that, the half ended well since Pat crossed a ball into Jeff Larentowicz, who scored just before the half.

For the second half- it was pretty tame compared to the end of the first.  There was no change to the score by the end of the half, but there were more cards (including 1 more red for a RH).  So it went into OT since there had to be a winner.

And just into the first OT period, Cristman passed a ball into Pat who fired the ball into the back of the Net!  As you can tell, there was much screaming (especially on my part!).  That turned out to be the game-winner.

There were 11 cards during the game- 8 yellow and 3 reds.  And Shalrie's red means he misses the Cup final against FC Dallas.

But it was 2-1 and Pat gets a goal and an assist.  Wonder why I like the guy so much?  ;)

Pat and Jay
fuzzy Steve and Pat... but its St…
fuzzy Steve and Pat... but it's S…
Adam with Pat in the background