Bukit Vintage, Bukit Bintang

Kuala Lumpur Travel Blog

Jalan Bukit Bintang

I think that this is the place in KL where all races meet. Today, I noticed that there were not too many people on the streets and I thought that since it's Ramadan, most  people would rather  stay at home on these days to observe fasting. I met my Muslim Malay travelbuddy and friend, Roslan at Jalan Alor after 6pm. Since it was already past 6 and fasting time for the day was over, we decided to have dinner at Chee Meng Restaurant at Jalan Bukit and have some halal food. We crossed the alley from Jalan Alor to Jalan Bukit but upon reaching Chee Meng Restaurant, it was already in full sitting capacity.

Berjaya Times Square
We needed to wait to be seated, but I sensed that our waiting might take quite long and thinking that Roslan had been through the day fasting while working, he needed to get immediate nutrition and hydration at that moment so must go to another restaurant. We decided to go to Kopitiam at the Berjaya Times Square. From Jalan Bukit we went down to Plaza Low Yat mall, exited at the back entrance, and went up the Times Square which was a block  behind Low Yat. We had rice, shrimps, and char kwai teow for dinner.

After dinner, Roslan and I went to the Petronas Towers, walked inside the KLCC Suria mall, roamed around the park outside, took pictures, and discussed how I should conduct my solo trip to Melaka the next day.

didgeridoo & percussions
After KLCC, we went to the Puduraya Bus Terminal to make an advance purchase of  my ticket to Melaka the next morning. I suggested that we take the taxi but Roslan insisted  that we take the monorail and LRT. He reminded me not to be too dependent on the taxi and I thought that he is correct because what are all these very efficient and convenient public transportation network  KL has if not used fully. And besides, if you're a tourist, the taxi drivers automatically overcharge you. From Puduraya, we took the LRT and monorail back to Bukit Bintang. Below the monorail terminal, there was a small crowd that gathered watching a street performance of the Street Horn Syndicate. They are  local music performers using the didgeridoo(wooden flute) and percussions. They were playing to the  lively beat of something like Brazilian jazz. After hanging out with the crowd for a while, I went back to Tongkat Tong Shin Road to my guesthouse while Roslan took the train back home.

sylviandavid says:
nice blog. sylvia
Posted on: Oct 10, 2007
didgeridoo & percussions
The Great Tungku - I wonder what h…
The Great Tungku - I wonder what …
wooden flute