The first REAL SNOW of the season!

Tracy Travel Blog

The grainery

Yay!  I watched the rain turn into snow last night and when I went to bed there was already a light dusting on the ground.  When I woke up this morning there was a good 3-4 inches of snow on everything!  It was the big, fluffy, sticky snow typical of the first snow here since it was still pretty warm.  The temperature was right around freezing, maybe a couple degrees below.  The drive to work was horrible because the roads hadn't been plowed yet.  The roads were slick and hard to see.

We had to come to work today because we were loading soil out and had a bunch of trucks waiting for us.  The site was gorgeous covered in a thin layer of snow.  The site used to be a cattle yard so there are a lot of fences and other metal things that I don't know what they were used for.

Minnesota camouflage!
  The current excavation area is along an old railroad spur so that area is basically prairie.  Everything looked so pretty with the snow on the trees and grass.  Basically this entry is just a bunch of photos showing all the pretty snow and us working in it.

This is also less than a week from my 70 degree day hike in the park :)

A few days later we got freezing rain making for a very slippery commute.  By lunchtime it had turned into big fluffy snowflakes.  Our guys were out trying to clean the now frozen mud off the equipment and they were using a pressure washer to do so.  Since it is below freezing, no one wanted to get wet, so they wore tyvek suits.  Check it out!  Minnesota camouflage!

fence
digging in the snow
digging in the snow
snow on busted gate
snow on busted gate
yay!  I like the first snow!
yay! I like the first snow!
scene from my window at 5 am