Kakabeka Falls

Kakabeka Falls Travel Blog

Kakabeka Falls - frozen

I decided to drive up to Canada to visit Kakabeka Falls when it was frozen! I've been to the falls a couple times in the last few years, but never in winter.  I was not disappointed! It is always a little hard to explain to the border patrol that I just want to cross the border for a few hours.  But I had my skis and snowshoes in the car, and no overnight bag, so it did appear that I was just visiting for the day and they eventually let me cross.

The park was pretty quiet, but there were indeed several people there enjoying the winter wonderland.  It was cold and windy, so much so that the wind made my eyes water.  I decided to only stay on the side of the falls near where I parked.  I also decided not to do any hiking.  Brr!   The falls were quite spectacular and you could even see some open, flowing water.

I left the park and made my way into Thunder Bay, where I stopped long enough to visit a Dollar store that carried a brand of chips I liked (plantain chips from Peru!).  Only they didn't have them anymore, so I was a little sad.  Oh well.  I decided to head back.  I had some stops to make on the way home yet.

Kakabeka Falls