The start of our 46 hour journey to Rome

Santorini Travel Blog

on the night ferry to rome

Generally I put down the location as where we slept that night but I have kept this one as Santorini because we didn’t really sleep in a specific location haha. We were catching a night ferry over to Athens tonight. So we had the whole day pretty much to kill and I think we were getting a ride down to the port around 9pm. I don’t think we had to get up that early though which was sweet as i didn’t get back until day light this morning. We put our bags into storage and then we went back to the first bar that we were at from the night before because it also had a pool! It was an outdoor bar type thing and if you bought something you could use their pool. So we each bought a coke and then we spent the whole day swimming at the pool. Jono and his friend came down and so did Brayden and it was pretty sweet just being in the pool all day and relaxing. Eventually the guys left as they had their own ferries to catch etc. After we left the pool we had some dinner and then we just hung out on the patio. The same guy who picked us up drove us down to the port as well. I think we waited about 20 minutes until the boat came. When we got on we went and found seats right away to go to bed. They were recling seats which were pretty nice and we got out our sleep sheets and put on our MP3 players and went to sleep. It was actually a pretty comfy sleep as well! So this was the first leg of our very very long trip to get to Rome.

melissa