Stonehenge!

Bath Travel Blog

Me and Melisa at stonehenge!

We didn't do much this day except for go to the stonehenge and then drink more haha. When we got up we went over to the grocery store across from our hostel called Waitrose which was an awesome store with milk for only 30 pence which made me really happy hehe. Then we went to some stores where I got a wallet and then we went to a travel agency to look at flights from Edinburgh to Dublin which would have cost us 100 something pounds. We were pretty tired from being up late the night before so we went back to the hostel and had a 2 hour nap before we had to catch our tour bus to Stonehenge. Aaron went on the tour with us so we knew a person there but it was a pretty small tour, only about 8 or so people.

It took about an hour drive to get there but the tour guide was really nice and he would tell us stuff about the villages we went through and such. We also got to see those famous white chalk horses that are in the hillsides so that was cool except that we couldn't get any pictures becuase they were too far away. The stonehenge was pretty amazing. It's really crazy to see something so famous right infront of your face, it was awesome! It got a little boring though...we had an hour there but you only need as much time as it takes you to walk around it which isn't that long cause you can only look at it..you can't go up to it or touch it so that sucks. I took a picture like every little way along the path so I have a good 30 pics of stonehenge at differernt angles lol. Melissa went to get out her video camera to tape some of stonehenge and it was broken!!! So that really sucked and Melissa was really upset and I felt really bad for her :( When we got back to town we went to a camera store to see if they could tell us what was wrong with it but they didn't know.
Our tour bus
Anyways so we were pretty bummed about the camera and according to my written journal this was the day we discovered our really expensive phone calls (scratch that from the previous entry) so we were pretty mad. I had also made a call to Chris and one to Francesca who we made in London so I actually had about $100 in charges on my credit card :( So we were pretty bummed and went down to the bar to have some drinks to cheer ourselves up lol. We met a guy in our room named Will, he was from NY and was pretty cool. We were gonna meet him at a concert later that night (Bath was holding a music festival at this time) but  we never did because we went on a pub crawl with Aaron, Clayton, and Stretch (ppl we met from the night before) The point of this pub crawl was to go to a bar, get a drink, drink it as fast as we could, and then go to the next bar.
Stretch, Clayton, and Melissa
Looking back at my journal...we went to a lot of places, and drank ALOT...melissa and i were totally wasted by like 8:30pm when it was still light outside! Anyways one bar we went to, Stretchs id wouldn't work so we had to go back to the hostel and get his passport.  We never made it back to the pubcrawl cause we were pretty wasted, Melissa and  the others made it back to the hostel after that and again a really good day in Bath! I was up till like 4:30 which sucked cause I had to be up at 7:30 for our train that would take us back to London so we could switch for a train to Edinburgh.

Bath City Rating: