Not 1 but 2 nights in Bath!

Bath Travel Blog

Our hostel
My entries for the beginning of my trip will be a bit more detailed than the end of my trip because I was keeping a written journal in the beginning but when it comes to the end I will be working off pictures haha. We had to take 2 tube lines to get to the train station to get to the bus but oh well I like the tube hehe. It only took about an hour on the train to get to Bath and it was pretty sweet because we got to see some of the nice English country side. Finding our hostel was a little complicating even though it was so close to the train station and such. (haha looking back on our trip to the beginning it makes me feel like we were so naieve and didn't really know anything about travelling and directions and just stuff in general lol) Anyways we found our hostel (St.
The Roman Baths!
Christophers) and we checked in and there was the hottest guy working their, his name was Grant. He is so hot, Melissa and I still talk about how hot he is lol. Anyways it was a pretty sweet hostel...our room had really comfy beds and the bathrooms were clean, there was a chill out room upstairs and a bar/restuarant downstairs where we got 20% off for staying at the hostel. We did some laundry (OMG we weren't even gone a week!! This is one of the things that makes me feel like such a novice at the beginning of our trip..Melissa and I later learned how to wear clothes more than once and I think our record is a good 3 or 4 weeks without doing laundry lol) We went to the chill out room and met Aaron for New Zeland and went online...this is also where we found out our calls from London to home cost us $60!! Melissa and I then set out for discovering Bath! We saw Bath Abbey and we found the Roman Baths and went inside.
Main Bath
The Roman Baths are soo cool and interesting, I really enjoyed going there. After that we just walked around the town...we walked across the Pultney Bridge which is a bridge completly covered in shops (only 3 in the world!)..it actually just looks like a road haha. Then we walked along the Avon river and to the train station to buy our tickets to Edinburgh. It was a really nice sunny day out and quite warm. We had dinner at our hostel bar and then we walked around some more and went up to the chill out room where Aaron and Grant were. We went down to the bar with them and had some beer and then we went out to a club in town called Punana or something like that with some more people who worked at the hostel/friends of theirs. It was really fun, we just drank and danced and fake gambled with the 100 pounds fake money you get when you enter into the club.
Me with the main bath and then Bath Abbey in the background
Aaron won all the "money" and he got a free bottle of champagne which was pretty sweet. All in all a pretty good day in Bath! Oh yeah this entry is titled, "Not 1 but 2 nights in Bath" because we had origionally planned only staying 1 night but then when we were there just walking around and enjoying the city we decided we really liked it and went back to the hostel to book a 2nd night which was a really good idea.
Main Bath
Me with the main bath and then Bat…
Me with the main bath and then Ba…
Me and Melissa at the baths
Me doing our laundry!
Hostel bar
Hostel bar
Bath Hostels review
I really liked this hostel! As soon as we got there the staff was really friendly and helped us out with storing our luggage and helping us do our lau… read entire review
Bath