Berlin with Billy and Melissa!

Berlin Travel Blog

Best picture ever!

Today we were going to explore more of Berin with our good friends Billy and Melissap!! But first of all Melissa and I had to get some laundry out of the way. We asked our hostel and they said that another hostel just 5 minutes away did laundry so we decided to go there and do our laundry while Billy and Melissap went to the Reichstag (seeing as we had already been there) and we would meet up with them at the Brandenburg gate for 1pm. So we go to the hostel and they don't have machines where you can do it yourself, they just take your laundry and you get it back in a couple days. But we are leaving Berlin tomorrow to head to Amsterdam so we don't have time for that. But this hostel told us of a laundro-mat that wasn't "too far". Pshhh! This laundry mat was a good half hour away and thats a long way when you're carrying one over-stuffed pillowcase full of smelly clothes.

Melissa with both packs
Anyways so we finally get there and were doing our laundry but its taking a really long time to dry and it's getting closer to 1!! I "volunteer" to stay behind with the laundry only becasue I knew Melissa would not be up for that and I would end up staying anyways. So she had to walk back to the hostel with two backpacks and then go meet Billy and Melissap but I had it worse because TWO overstuffed pillow cases is really hard to carry for half hour lol. Anyways after I get back to the hostel with the laundry I walk to the Brandenburg gate and meet up with Billy, melissa, and melissa. I missed some really cool street dancers so that sucked but oh well. Then together we went to Check-point Charlie. It was pretty sweet going there and we got pictures of us half in East Berlin and half in West Berlin.
Our stealth photo with the guards
It was really sad though because there is a ton of postings about successful and unsuccessful people trying to cross from East Berlin to West Berlin. We tried to sneak pictures with the "guards" who weren't even German, they were American haha. After we went to where the Tepography of Terror is and we got some pictures with the Berlin wall and we tried to break off pieces of it haha. I actually managed to get a very small piece of the real wall so that made me happy. We walked around in the Tepography of Terror for quite some time which was also really sad. It would tell all about different torture that people had on them while being interrogated and there were pictures of a whole bunch of people who were arreseted and what they were arreseted for.
so sad
Many people were just arrested because they said they didn't like what the Nazi's were doing. From there we took a bus to the Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church which is a church that was bombed during WW2. Beside it there is a memorial built with all the stained glass from the origional church. It was pretty nice and I bet it would look awesome all lit up at night. Then I called home to my sister because it is her 22nd birthday today!!! I tried to call my brother as well because its his 27th birthday but no answer. My sister and brother are born on the same day but 5 years apart, weird eh? Because it was our last night with Billy and Melissa we decided to go out for a nice dinner. We went to this asian/indian restaurant on Oranienburger Strasse and it was soo good.
The 4 of us at dinner
It was like a real meal as well lol. We got drinks and appys and then dinner. I got this really good dish called chicken tai pei which is the yummiest thing i have ever tasted in my life! That night we decided to do our own little pub crawl. We took Billy and Melissa to the graffitied bar and we hung out there for a while. Then we went to another place where we drank lots of beer and made friends with some people who I have no idea who they are or what their names are and with some people from the Netherlands as well. Then the BEST part of our night, which again is a little inapropriate, we went and played hide and go seek tag at the Holocaust monument. It was soo much fun and actually qutie scary! I paired up with Billy because I didn't want to be alone lol. Some guards came by but we didn't get in trouble, they just told us to be quiet hehe. Anyways it was one of the funnest things we did on our trip and I love the time we got to spend with Billy and Melissa!

Berlin City Rating:

Where the wall used to be
Where the wall used to be
awwww
awwww
Yay im touching the wall!!
Yay i'm touching the wall!!
Memorial church
Brandenburg gate at night
Hide and go see flashlight tag
Hide and go see flashlight tag
Berlin Hostels review
All in all this hostel wasn't that bad and I didn't mind it. It was located on some "secret" street that wasn't on the map but luckily we ran into som… read entire review
Berlin