All the sites of Berlin!

Berlin Travel Blog

Me and the Berlin Bear!

Today was the day we were going to see all the sites of Berlin. We didn't make it out of our hostel until 12pm seeing as we were up till 5am this morning. We went to a little stand and got some pizza for brunch where we met 4 Canadian guys just hanging out. They were nice but it was a really random meeting where we got a pic with them but I don't remember any of their names. We walked to the Brandernburg gate and got some pictures of it. It was really cool to be there and to walk through it as it was closed for a really long time when Berlin was split up. There were lots of "characters" around where you could get pictures with them if you paid them. Melissa and I each paid the 1 euro for a pic with the Berlin bear because he was pretty sweet but we manager to steal a couple pics of other characters as well haha.

There were a TON of police vans around as well that were full of about 6 officers all just sitting. We later learned that it was the G8 summit that week and that's why all the police were there. Then we headed to the Reichstag which was free :) We had to wait an hour in line but oh well. We were listening to Dane Cook on my MP3 player so it passed the time quickly cause he is so funny. Man I swear that guy brings people together...alot of times on our trip we would talk about Dane Cook with people and it's just such a good conversation starter. The Reichstag was really cool, it was awesome to go up to the top and look around and get a good look at all of Berlin. After that we walked to the Holocaust monument which was really sweet. All the blocks were different sizes and it was cool to walk through them, like a maze.
From the top
We also played tag inside which isn't very respectful I guess but very fun! Haha don't worry we weren't the only ones! We did a little but of touristy shopping where I bought a really sweet Berlin t-shirt. We went shopping at a grocery store where we bought food so we could make our dinner at the hostel since there was a kitchen there. Billy and Melissa were coming to Berlin to stay with us at the same hostel, they were supposed to be there around 5pm but we got an e-mail from them saying that they wouldn't be in till around midnight. After dinner we went into our dorm room and just for kicks Melissa decides to look out the window. All of a sudden shes like, "LORI, come here!" So I go over and look outside the window and across the street there were two naked guys in a room.
Holocaust Monument
Haha it was sooo funny! I think they were part of a play because downstairs it was a theatre but omg it was so funny. At first there was only 1 naked guy and we were laughing soo hard and then all of a sudden a 2nd naked guy joins the pic. Ahh good times. Eventually they saw us looking and laughing at them so they closed the blinds. Anyways we wanted to go out but we were pretty tired so we decided that we would nap until Billy and Melissa got in around 12 and then we would go out with them. When they did get there though they were pretty tired as well so we all just visited till about 2am and then went to bed. They had just come from Amsterdam and were pretty pooped lol

Random Canadians