London Travel Blog

Today was great, saw a few museums in Kensignton.  The first was natural history (i think)....all I know is that we looked at a bunch of stuffed monkeys and then decided to move on to the VA - Victoria Albert museum.  There were a lot of cool things to see there, but the best was a clothing exibit with dresses from different decades.  Some were over a hundred years old.  The most amazing thing, at least to me, was a black cocktail dress from Dior's first collection in the early 1930s.  I was wearing my beloved Dior sunglasses, so it was interesting to see how the label started sooo many years ago and then grew.  I sound like an idiot, i know, but it was cool.

After this we got gelato and walked to Hyde park.  It was nice to sit in the shade there because it is soooo hot in London.  That's another thing about Europe/ AC.  anywhere.  makes it hard to sleep, and you have to take a million showers.  Other that that everything is great here.

Big orientation day....boring.  Met my professors though, they seem interesting.  My Shakespeare professor is this old British man and all of his bottom teeth are gold.  He's funny though and seems to really love Shakespeare, so I'm looking forward to his class.

6,421 km (3,990 miles) traveled