mussels in brussels

Belgium Travel Blog

so then to belgium, a country which i almost missed completely, not that hard since it's about the size of massachusetts...  i stayed with a woman named anne, 21, a medical student.  she's 6'2", a twig, and, if you can believe this, eats at least 3 times as much as me...  she could really throw down some food.  she took me for an overnight visit to her parents' home in chaineux, a georgous farm house (like a chalet) in teeny tiny 300 year old village.  warmest people, even with the language barrier i felt like i got to know them (have i mentioned that i feel like such a shit for only speaking english)...anyway, i think i will know anne for a very, very long time.

then i spent 2 days in antwerp.  my buddy conrad from NY was coincidentally there on business and invited me to share his expense acct.  ate wild game (pheasant,boar & venison...couldnt bring myself to try kangaroo) for the first time, and dont think i'll be eating any of those things anytime in the near future...  so to sum up belgium... beer, chocolate, frites (invented in belgium, NOT france, contrary to popular belief), beer, donkeys, mussels and beer.  Oh yea, and prezident dumbass, am toying with the idea of extending my stay in europe... by 4 years or so.