hello world

London Travel Blog

so, london kicked ass, but it's such an expensive city.  i stayed with mark, a bush supporter and mortgage broker who has hosted over 170 people since he joined global freeloaders 2 years ago.  i had my own bedroom and private bath in his home right off the piccadilly tube line.  also staying with him was an aussie named jen, a kindred spirit, who has been traveling the world but decided to stay in london for a bit (she's been there 2 1/2 months).  after doing the obligatory visit to buckingham palace (which lasted 3 minutes, i had to actually tap someone and ask ...is that it???) i decided to cut through st. james park.  as i was meandering down the path, this squirrel suddenly makes a mad dash into my path, stops at my feet and gets up on his hind legs, looking at me expectantly.

"what?"  i asked him.  then i remembered i had a bag of crisps (potato chips) in my bag, so i opened them and he ate out of my hand, as did the geese.  even the squirrels are friendlier here  (the geese were a little rude)...

i also finally made my pilgrammage out to west wycombe to see the infamous hellfire caves built by sir francis dashwood in the 1750's.  many of you may know that i've been researching the hellfire club for about 3 years now, and when i arrived i was almost shaking.  definitely the highlight of my london leg.

In amsterdam now...what a magical city.  so inspiring.  i've been writing my ass off and started painting again.  i'm staying with a 31 year old guy named harmen, i have my own floor in his 2 story flat, just footsteps from the largest outdoor market in the city.  SCHWEET!

so far, my trip has been as smooth as the guiness in london.  what a fucking incredible world!!

London