prolificism

Gili Trawangan Travel Blog

whether or not it's a word, it should be.  not much has changed since my last entry (which is a good thing, obviously), other than the fact that i now have eight dives, two sharks, three turtles, and thirty meters of visibility.  i am on streak of creative outpouring, i wont go into details cuz i dont want to create any bad juju. the fact that's it's 4:20 all the time here most certainly helps... as does the prettiest water and best music -every bar (all huts on the beach)  you walk past starting at 5pm is playing either ben harper or old, live zeppelin or paul simon or lee scratch perry - or jen sotham, as last night i was invited up to the stage at sama sama and had the accompaniment of about 6 islanders on various instruments - most of my close peeps know that i normally DO NOT like playing with bands.
.. i'll get up in front of three hundred people with my lil ol guit-fiddle, but playing with other msuicians, no matter how good they are, usually just makes me tense.  last night was,  most definitely, one of the most enjoyable sets i've ever played.  Their pitch and rhythm and melodies couldn't have been more compliment to my energy.  if my days keep going such as they've been, i might never leave... nah, that's not true.  because as amazing as a place may be when you travel to it, the novelty is bound to wear off.  this place is feeding some very specific of my needs very generously, but my needs spread out amongst pretty vast regions... and many of them would starve here.