Our First Week of the Trip

Barcelona Travel Blog

The first week in Barcelona was an amazing experience, and we didn't want to leave - we wanted to spend the entire trip in Barcelona!  It was one of the most interesting and fun places I have ever been.  Just walking around, you got the idea that everyone in the city enjoyed life, and this idea just spread to everyone in Barcelona.  We were able to do a lot during our time in Barcelona, including la Sagrada Familia and Parc Guell, two of Gaudi's very interesting pieces of work.  La Sagrada Familia was absolutely stunning to see in person, like nothing I have ever seen.  The exhibit underneath was also interesting as well, seeing how Gaudi used nature as an inspiration for his work.  Going up La Sagrada Familia gave us some great views of the city, and overall, La Sagrada Familia was one of my favorite sites in Barcelona.  Parc Guell also contained some interesting artwork, and it was great to be outside on one of the many beautiful days in Barcelona.  One piece of advice I have is that I would not reccommend seeing the house Gaudi lived in, which is inside Parc Guell.  It contains some designs from Gaudi, but his other works I think are more worth your money, such as la Sagrada Familia, and Casa Batllo.  Personally, I wasn't a big fan of that house.  Two museums that we really enjoyed in Barcelona were the Museu Picasso and the MNAC.  Pablo Picasso has always been my favorite artist, so this museum was a real treat for me.  I enjoyed everything about the museum.  The MNAC, located in the huge Palau Nacional, near placa de espana, was also very enjoyable, and provided a history of catalan art.  Give yourself plenty of time to tour this museum, because it is very large, and has much to see.  It is a very interesting museum.  Everything about this city I loved, including the great beach.  The next time we go back, I am definitely going to spend more time at the beach, just relaxing and taking it all in.  The restaurants in Barcelona were really great, and our favorite was Cal Pep, which had great atmosphere, and some of the best dishes I've ever had.  Everything was so good.  There are just too many great things about Barcelona to fit in this one journal entry.  To put things simple, this was one of the best times of my life!
Barcelona