Beautiful one day, foggy the next

Brisbane Travel Blog

Qantas Headsets
I love the semi-tropical, relaxed atmosphere of Brisbane. The palm lined streets, plantation style homes slightly raised off the ground with stairs leading up to wide inviting verandas.

Brisbane is not the big tourist haven of the Gold Coast or even the Sunshine Coast which are both one hour away in opposite directions up and down the coast; however, it is a wonderful place to visit. The Brisbane River flows through the centre of town and out to the ocean from the leafy western suburbs.  The city sits on one side of the river and Southbank, the Art Gallery, Museum and State Library on the other.
This trip was the first time I had been to Southbank, my friend Renee and I went to a gallery opening and then to dinner at a wonderful little restaurant, ‘The Satay Hut’ that offered a mixture of Asian cuisine.
You just can't escape those window washers
Renee had the Laksa, and I had salt and pepper squid, yummy.

I had a great weekend catching up my dear friend Renee, in her lovely new apartment, Sunday we had a very chilled day at home, not doing very much at all, and it was lovely.

My trip home began well. FOG! As soon as I woke up and looked outside, I knew I would be lucky to make my connecting flight home to Hobart from Melbourne. It is quite unusual for Brisbane to have fog and it was very thick. I caught the train to the airport, and by the time I had arrived in the city the fog had cleared, but then as I moved out of the city and neared the airport it was thick again and didn’t clear until I had been at the airport for about an hour. My plane arrived late and by the time I got to Melbourne, I was nearly an hour late. Luckily for me though, my connecting flight was also late. When I went to the check in counter, the check in staff told me that my booking was for yesterday. Uh oh! I only called yesterday afternoon, so I don’t know what the girl on the phone was thinking. The man at check in let me on and I finally made it home. Phew.
Qantas Headsets
You just cant escape those window…
You just can't escape those windo…
photo by: Mezmerized