Time to move on

North Male Atoll Travel Blog

Mark at the dinner table in the villa

As I've said I wasn't sure about taking the boat to the airport at midnight, but there was nothing I could do about it although I was nervous all day about it.

We did very little other than finish packing...I wasn't feeling great so I went for a nap and when I woke up we ordered some dinner from room service. We did sit out for a little while although the wind was getting quite fierce which didn't make me look forward to the boat trip anymore! It's not that I get seasick, I just don't like not feeling entirely safe!

We really enjoyed our time at Reethi Rah, it's just a shame the weather wasn't better, but there's nothing we or anyone else could have done about it so there's no point moaning about it. There was enough else to do...be it read or go to the spa or just chill out that we couldn't complain. For me just having free time to read when I want and doze off to sleep if I needed to was one of the best things about the trip (I work odd and long hours, so my sleep pattern is usually shot to pieces)!

We headed round to reception in our buggy at 11.40pm, settled up and said goodbye to our villa host (who's name totally escapes me, but he was lovely), jumped on the boat and headed for Male. I admit I slept most of the way and from what I hear I was glad I did...it was pretty choppy and Mark said he didn't feel totally secure on a number of occasions.

Collected my bottle of gin from customs at the airport and we were off once more...Dubai bound, and this time we were stopping! Yay!

princessbride029 says:
Haha, glad to hear the alcohol was intact :)
Posted on: Mar 11, 2008
AndiPerullo says:
You got your gin back!!!
Posted on: Oct 22, 2007
Mark at the dinner table in the vi…
Mark at the dinner table in the v…
North Male Atoll