Oh my goodness...some sun!

North Male Atoll Travel Blog

So pleased the sun's out!

Yaay...this was the day the weather turned for the better! We were so pleased we rushed breakfast and headed straight back to the villa to catch some rays at long last.

I know some people would find this kind of holiday boring, but after all the rushing around and organisation for the wedding, we were so glad to just sit back and take it easy, enjoy the glorious surroundings and make the most of some time together, just the two of us.

We had lunch at our outdoor dining area, I had my favourite pasta bolognaise and mark had fried local fish, although I'll admit we both stole bits of each other's meal.

And back to the beach, although Mark crashed out on the day bed for an hour.

Mark the Sun Bunny
..he's always so sleepy after eating, typical man. We were also really looking forward to dinner tonight, as we were going back to Tapasake, and I'd planned what I'd wanted to eat already.

The resort also had another restaurant, called Fanditha which offered Mediterranean and Middle Eastern food, which is something we'd usually go for but the restaurant was set out on the beach, and with the weather being so unpredictable, and the staff telling us that if the rain came on during the meal, we'd be buggied back to the Reethi restaurant to finish our meals, but we weren't sure if that meant our food would come with us or if we'd have to re-order. The two nights we provisionally booked for Fanditha it rained so we decided not to risk it.

A lovely day, lovely food (gin fried chicken - oooooooooooooh!) and lovely weather, at last!

AndiPerullo says:
Yeah for the sun finally coming out!!!
Posted on: Oct 22, 2007
So pleased the suns out!
So pleased the sun's out!
Mark the Sun Bunny
The view from my sunbed for the fi…
The view from my sunbed for the f…
Bliss
Bliss
I dont ever want to go home
I don't ever want to go home
Our Beach