Oh dear, it's Monsoon season!

North Male Atoll Travel Blog

The 15th of July dawned and the rain was lashing down, the wind was howling and the sea was rough and covered in white horses.
We had to wait for AGES for a golf buggy to take us to breakfast - fortunately, by the time we got back to our villa after a WONDERFUL breakfast (fresh squeezed fruit juice, some fruits I'd never heard of!), the room had been made up and we called our villa host Jeff, who was from Kenya, and he brought us some DVDs so we had a day in the room just chilling out. I know it's not the most exciting this to do on the honeymoon, but the spa was fully booked (typical on a rain day apparently) and we certainly couldn't go outside!

However...we came back from dinner that night and I slipped in a large puddle of water that had seeped in under the patio doors opposite our bed, which open out onto the beach. The wind was blowing the rain in the way and there was a spread of about 4 feet of water in front of the doors. I've already got a bad knee and falling right onto didn't help. We'd to get the doctor out and he gave me some odd blue pills, which, combined with the glass of wine I'd had with dinner sent me straight off to sleep!

Needless to say, Mark wasn't impressed and I was kinda sore!

AndiPerullo says:
Oh jeez, I'm so sorry!!!
Posted on: Oct 22, 2007
X_Drive says:
You'll never forget that fall. Someday thirty or forty years from now you can say your knee hurts, instead of "I have a headache." LOL. Naw, that would be cruel... funny but cruel. :)
Posted on: Sep 18, 2007
brownh27 says:
What a way to spend your honeymoon!!
Posted on: Sep 18, 2007