Hmm....more rain and howling winds

North Male Atoll Travel Blog

Mark writing our honeymoon diary

Yup, we woke up to more gale force winds and menacing seas. To be honest, neither of us had slept well at all during the night because it had been so windy and we could hear the trees rustling and the wind whistling round the villa.

But, regardless of the weather, today was the day we got to test drive the golf buggy! Fortunately, it had a rain cape we could roll down all around it so we theoretically didn't get wet, but the velcro that held them on wasn't strong when it was wet and the driver's 'door' flapped in the wind. Ah well. Still, had eggs benedict at breakfast...I love asparagus, hollandaise and parma ham so this was perfect for me. I'm not so keen on poached eggs though, but these were SUPERB!

And so it was back to the villa to dream of being out in the pool, catching some rays just a few steps from the villa, eating lunch at our outside dining area, but for now, it was read my book, watch some TV and DVDs (I disovered Animal Planet and National Geographic channels, they're awesome!) and snooze a bit.

Eating again!
We were still pretty tired from all the excitement of the wedding and getting away on honeymoon so a bit of sleep was welcome! I also managed to get to the Spa for a manicure...I'd had acrylic nails put on for the wedding and they'd looked great - until I started biting them! I'd bitten them all off during the night and my own nails really needed some intensive care! I got quite a row from my manicurist, who said I was a very naughty girl!

Also, I'd got a tad burned on our day at the main pool the day before...see red shoulders! When will I learn you should wear sun cream on your first day in the sun! I should have listened to Mummy all those years ago.

Super dinner again at Reethi: they did amazing pasta dishes, so I was happy. Off to bed, fingers crossed for a better day tomorrow.

AndiPerullo says:
Well, if you can't sunbathe a mani is always a great replacement!
Posted on: Oct 22, 2007