Bliss!

Dubai Travel Blog

Chilling in the pool

Such a good night's sleep...the beds at Al Maha are huge, there's the equivalent of 4 pillows across the headboard.

Today was just a lazy day, we chilled out in the pool, had lunch at the suite...club sandwiches, yummy. I always judge a hotel by how good their club sandwiches are, and these were pretty darn good.

We'd booked a spa treatment for tomorrow afternoon so were looking forward to that, and had organised a day in the city for Saturday, so today and Sunday were our quiet days before we headed home on Monday morning.

We made it to lunch today, it was just as good as the breakfast and dinners. They had the most amazing salad bar, and the dessert table was top notch.

What a gorgeous Arabian horse...can't remember his name though, think it might be Arsha?

And so it was back to the suite, reading and sunning myself - my idea of heaven. I don't get much of a chance to read for pleasure anymore - I think it's because I read so much all day at work, then when I get home if I try to read a book I fall asleep in 5 minutes flat!!

In the late afternoon, I headed down to reception because I'd booked to go horse riding with Jacques. I had a lovely ginger Arab horse, who I think was called Ashi or Arshish, I just can't remember. We walked out across the dunes and saw lots of Oryx and gazelles, and on the way back we picked up the pace a bit. I hadn't ridden since 2000, and before then the last time I'd ridden was in 1994! But it's put me in the mood and I think I'll try to start lessons again at home.

Because Al Maha is so remote, there's not really a great deal of choice for dinner in the evening. We ate at the restaurant and were again absolutely satisfied by a wonderful meal. The resort is very quiet at night, but there's absolutely nothing to complain about. We'd have loved to be able to walk back to the suite, but it was definitely WAY too hot, and with the number of Oryx roaming about, I think we were definitely safer in the buggy!

Sun, good food, horse riding and good company - an excellent day.

Chilling in the pool
What a gorgeous Arabian horse...ca…
What a gorgeous Arabian horse...c…
Pretty Window