Rethymno, part 2

Rethymno Travel Blog

As I am sitting here in woolen socks and long sweater wondering if i should try getting warm with maybe some shots of vodka I decide to finish my Crete blog. Right, I need to get over with these memories of warm countries, sunny beaches and blue water! So this is the last part...

Rethymno is a very narrow city. It looks like a worm spread by the sea and it is no more than 5-6 streets deep. But so much is hidden in these streets. Once you go away from the Venetian Port, once you get into the area where people live, it gets so different. We didn't see it first time. And when I was left alone the second day in Rethymno I saw these beautiful pictures... When you walk along these streets, some doors are open and if you are really quiet you can look inside and see people living a life. There are old couples living in just one room, sitting on matrasses watching old tv's, there are some machos with long hair cooking something in the kitchen and there are all these details that make it all so interesting and romantic and a bit sad. I can't explain :)

So I got back to hotel, got under a heavy rain (thanks God the last day), got a little drunk with wine, had some long midnight talks with friends and in the morning started packing...

five11d says:
extraordinary! thanks for sharing your expereinces!
Jarkko says:
Really good blog, great that it was featured! I'm definitely trying to get my dream of going there happen next summer. Now I know which place is THE place to visit in Crete, thanks!! :)
BMS says:
Your blog is fantastic. Looks like a fantastic trip. I wanna go now!
Rethymno