Hitting the road

Bend Travel Blog

It is spring, I just got a brand new truck and I am excited to see some warmer corners of the good ol' USA.  I have always wanted to go spend some time checking out the parks of southern Utah so I head out car camping my way there.  I head through eastern Oregon's desert side and head through Nevada.  My first night is spent in a little campground I see on the map that is just off the backcountry highway.  It is called Mill Creek Campground and it is just south of Battle Mountain, Nevada.  As I approach the campground the road appears to be alive.  It is not that I have been on the road too long, it is just the bugs that area jumping around on the road.  Millions of them.   The next day I head over many passes in Nevada and make my way into Utah and arrive at Capitol Reef National Park.  Nevada is a beautiful desert state with steep mountains ranges and flat basins.  I enjoyed going through what is really "the big empty".  Utah is not all that much diferent in climate but it seems to have some more interesting and diverse landscapes.
photo by: Hummingbird