A brief stay in Florence

Florence Travel Blog

So my class and I took a quick day trip to Florence.  It was nice, but too short.  Florence is full of people and full of color.  The city is visible from the top of Michelangelo's Piazza.  That's where our trip first began.  We had a tour guide take us through the city.  It was nice but kinda lame at the same time.  There are soo many tourist there that I think I'm gonna wait until later in the season to head back.  We checked out the cathedral that has Gallelo's tomb as well as Michelangelo and several other really old guys.  We went to go to a really nice villa that has some great gardens but our bus wasn't able to make the turn to make it up road.  So instead we headed off to Boboli Gardens.  It was another villa built back during the renissance.  It was a really large garden with great spaces and features.  That was pretty much the span of our trip.  We did a lot of walking through the streets.  We ate lunch at this great little place tucked behind all the streets and shops.  I won't be able to find it every again if I had to most likely.  But the food was great and they gave us ice cream for dessert which was just another added bonus to the free wine.  Well enjoy the photos!  ciao.