Hyalite Canyon

Bozeman Travel Blog

Hyalite Creek Trail
I did not wake up as early as I expected, only at 6 o'clock in the morning. At around seven, while I was just finishing unpacking my stuff I heard some noise behind my door. When I opened the door I saw Dakota jump back. To break the ice I took the balloon I got from Shasta the night before and threw it to him. This made Dakota laugh and we started talking. First in English but then we decided that it was best if we continued in Dutch. I don't exactly recall what we had been talking about but very soon I was convinced that he was a chatterbox and made up the most incredulous stories (I haven't been proven wrong yet). After breakfast the family took me to Hyalite canyon for a short hike. As we drove farther and farther away from the city I became more and more confident about my decision in choosing Montana for my home for a year.
Yay! We're hiking
It is so beautiful here! The hike was very nice, eventhough Dakota whined a bit on the way there, but when we were walking back we had some more conversations, he wasn't the "shy boy" anymore. The hike took us to the Grotto Falls.
On our way back we went downtown so that Vance, the father, could buy new climbing shoes. Main street, where a climbing store is located, was filled with old timers. This was quite interesting to see. At a certain point Dakota started telling me that one of the cars was his and he had been to some important race with it. Unfortunately he crashed, that was the only reason why he had not won the race.
PS: My nickname in English is Merely or Merelee. Dakota is very precise about that; in English I'm Merely and in Dutch I am Merel or Mereltje. Since I'm writing in English I thought it might be appropriate that I should write under the name Merely. Nah, well actually Merel was already taken en Merely wasn't...
Yay! Were hiking