Forty seventh wedding aniversity

Kauai Travel Blog

Sunset cruise-NuPali coast

We liked our trip so much last year we decided to go to Kauai for our aniversity.  A lot of the things as driving around, looking at people,beaches ect were similar to last year and I will not talk about these on this entry.

We did go on spectacular sunset cruise along the NaPali coast and had a great meal for our aniversity at Duke's Kauai restrauent which I will do a review on later.

We  stayed at a very nice B&B called Opaekaa Falls Hale.  Was up in the hills-Mts with beautifull views of the countyside and having its own swimming pool which I used everynight.  We were lucky in that we had almost a full moon.

Unlike the typical B&B they did not have a breakfast each morning but when we got there in the refrigerator were two platters of fresh fruit--fancy breads to last 3-4 days.  Since I am not a breakfast person this was wonderfull to me and Ann enjoyed it too.

I have a few pictures of the B&B and some great ones of the cruise.

The other pictures are of an area called Honalei Valley .  Pictures are taken from an overlook showing most of the valley.  This is were the Taro fields are were the Hawaian food called Poi is grown.  Looks like rice fields but very pretty.  Parts of the movie "The Killing Fields " were filmed here

cruise-NaPali coast
More pond
More pond
Honalei Valley with Taro fields
Honalei Valley with Taro fields
more Taro Fields with river runnin…
more Taro Fields with river runni…
Taro fields