Monte Verde Cloud Forest

Monteverde Travel Blog

cloud forest
My trip to Monte Verde was quick; it came and went fast, like a hummingbird searching here and there for pollen.  There was little focus on school, and less on the possibility of encountering an abyss of new knowledge.  I suppose it is because I arrived with little expectation for learning, that I don’t feel like my academic mind developed much on the mountain.  What did strike me, however, in a way I believe is unavoidable, was the rain forest.
    My brief distemper, a result having to prematurely extinguish my last cigarette, instantly dissolved into the ambiance of the cloud forest.  The sheer beauty, at first, was shocking.  With the video of indigenous plants and animals fresh in my memory, I felt oddly familiar with much of what I saw.
a waterfall
  I recognized the calls of birds, the vibrant colors of many insects, many of the plants.  Still, much of the cloud forest was new.  It felt exotic and wild.  I was like a child in a strip club, in awe, full of curiosity.
    When I was very young I remember trying to imagine an entirely new color; one that I had never seen before, and was no combination of colors id ever seen before.  Long ago, I came to terms with the fact that this was impossible.  That a brand new color was entirely unattainable.  But, there in the rain forest, I felt so close to finding that color.  The bright reds of flowers, the yellows of ripe leaves, and the striking blues of birds.  These colors were not new, but the intensity and vibrancy of them blew me away.
    A waterfall came dashing down the mountain roaring like thunder; I could feel the cool mist on my face.  Each of my sense was awakened and exhilarated in the cloud forest of Monte Verde.  I left as I came, tired and worn, but with new appreciation for the area, and a mind full of amazing color.

Monteverde