AsiaJapanFushimi

Sprained Ankle but Still Ok!

Fushimi Travel Blog

Today I went to Fushimi and Osu Kannon with a friend.
It didn't start out well because I fell down a few steps in the station and sprained my ankle (which I didn't realise until later). But all was good.

We had a look at all the little shops which were SO COOL. If you've ever been to Camden Market in London then you'll understand when I say that it's the Camden of Japan. There were second hand shops and vintage shops and a shop selling designer good for knock down prices (Tiffany Rings for 5,000!!). We had Takoyaki (fried octopus dumplings) which were SOOO good too.
We almost didn't see the massive Osu Kannon Temple; we were trying to find some purikura place and went down a road that we hadn't seen before then BAM there was this massive beautiful temple.

What you do in temples like this is; you put money in the the box, then use the big rope to bang on the drum thing ahead 3 times, then put your hands together and pray for something. I wished that my mum would get better because she has a horrible horrible smoking related ilness.

You can also go 'wash' yourself in the incense smoke or light a candle. Outside there were statues with babies' bibs on them. These are gifts from mothers who have either had miscarriages or have lost babies, so that the spirit of the baby is looked after in heaven. It always makes me cry when I see these.
One of the 2nd hand shops.
One of the 2nd hand shops.
Old meets new.