A walk in the park

New York Travel Blog

The yummy pizza!
The next day we slept in. (We are lazy on vacation) then we got up and made our way to Central Park. I made the niece go to The Metropolitan Museum of Modern Art. (she was going to get some culture on this trip) but she wasn't thrilled so I checked out my favorite Monet's and then we played in the park. We'd stop at each little playground and she would run around in it for a while. We went to Grey's Papaya for lunch got our two hot dogs and drink and sat and had some grub. That is about the best food ever!!! I learned about it in the movie "Fools Rush In" and have had it everytime I've gone to New York. I've even bought it to bring home and strangly not being refrigerated for 8 hours still makes them taste good.
Playing in central park

The day we spent shopping and buying things for the family. Nothing too big or special. We went to Chinatown and Little Italy and then back up to Central Park area.
The niece knew we were a block or so south of the Empire State Building which you could see in the sky. I got her to walk from Central Park all the way back to our hotel. For a 9 year old thats a lot of walking. She kept seeing the Empire State Building and thought it was really close so she'd keep walking.
We stopped in a giant Disney store and again at our Brooklyn Bagel Cafe for snacks but the best thing about this trip happened here.
We went into a little souveneir shop and looked around. I had a bag over across my chest and it rested at my waist. Well I turned around and knocked over a pile of Beenies with my bag. Oops! I reached over and picked them all up and put them back. But what I didn't know is that one of the Beenies stuck to the velcrow on my back and I walked out of the store with it. I noticed it about 30 feet outside the store. This is where good people take it back.. but bad people call it a memory and a souvineir and tell the neice we don't do stuff like this back in Cali.
The niece rarely lets me live down that incredible story of the stolen Beenie.
We finished out our journey and made it home safe and sound. We had great times and great stories/memories and it was probably the most relaxing vacation I have taken and the most expensive.
Now the neice wants to travel with me all the time.
Mummy!!
The pizzas all gone now!
The pizzas all gone now!
Playing in Central Park
Playing in Central Park
At the Disney Store. Goofy was get…
At the Disney Store. Goofy was ge…
A calzone. It was soooo good.
A calzone. It was soooo good.
WE MADE IT HOME SAFE. Eeyore too