Lights, Siren, Action

Kearney Travel Blog

Well today I drove from Denver to NE.  I had to book a hotel in Kearney, NE as everything in Grand Island, NE was sold out due to the big farm show, Husker Days.  Talk about a party LOL.  Last time I was in Grand Island in May there were big discussions about how the cashiers at the new Home Depot couldn't work the registers as they were use to ACE Hardware.  Oh my.

Anyways I had lunch with Bret in Denver and then took off.  I wasn't in the best of moods when I left as I took a work call with a real #$#@! and then a few other things.  Anyways I got on the road and headed to NE.  Or so I thought.  I somehow got on 80 West instead of 80 East and after about 2hrs passed a "WELCOME TO WYOMING" sign.  I didn't think I should be going through Wyoming but I missed that day in school and wasn't even exactly sure where Wyoming was.  I tried to call a few people but no cell service so waited a bit.  When I finally got ahold of Bret and he realized I wasn't kidding he told me to turn around.

So I was finally on my way back to the intersection of 80 East which was about 2hrs away.  That meant that the 4hr drive actually turned into 8 with my 2 hr Wyoming tour LOL LOL

But wait that 8hrs actually turned into 9 when I got pulled over by a NE State Trooper.  I explained to the officer that I was lost.  Oddly enough he asked me to come back in the truck with him so I did.  I won't type everything here but lets just say I didn't get a ticket.  LOL