Victoria Travels - Why Is The Earth Rocking?

Yichang Travel Blog

While on the boat we did see another cruiser run by Victoria Cruise Line. Tried to get a photo but it was moving too quick :-(

We arrived in Yichang and got to see 'The Big Dam'. This is another 'sight' that I should have been impressed by. But...its...well....a big dam. It is rather huge and I do admit some of the gates/turbines were remotely interesting though considering we got to see it from all sides as well as standing on it, I think maybe it was 'dam overkill!' It is pretty at night as they light is up with different colours of lights. That night we got to see another show. Quite often these shows are little more than local amateur dramatics and can be quite bad especially when you don't speak chinese and have no idea what is going on. But this was was very very good. Lots of synchronised movement, acrobatics, lazer light show. Quite enjoyable actually.

Back to the boat which moved a little way, arriving at the Yichang dock sometime during the night - supposedly between 2am and 5am. I don't know to be precise. Anyway I joined the other travellers trying to get off the boat at 6am. This was good until our boat started to move again and then floated away from the dock. Luckily it was just to let the boat we were moored to (between us and the pontoon) to get away.

And of course there were alot of steps from the pontoon to the road and NO lift/cablecar thing. At least someone did met us near to the entrance and put me on a bus which I assumed was going to Wuhan. Met with Maria, the spanish girl, again so the two of us will be travelling together for the next day.

The bus left at 0630 and spent the next hour wandering around Yichange before heading out onto the highway. Not much to say about Yichang. Didn't look like the sort of place you would want to stay even for an hour.

photo by: FK27