Terracotta Warriors Day!

Xi'an Travel Blog

A short phone video of the Terracotta Warriors of Xi'An

Another day begun bright and early.  Breakfast at 7, bus at 8...and we went to Banpo Village, somewhere NOT on the intinerary.  Cost an extra 35 yuan to get in, and we didn't pay it.  So me and Jan wandered around, got more batteries and that was it.  The next stop- Huaqing Hot Springs.  It was fun to walk around since me and Jan weren't actually interested in the hot springs.  But we had a good time walking around.  At this one pagoda, two Chinese women wanted their picture with me.  According to Jan, one even said I was beautiful.  After quite a while, and pics of goldfish and doves, we were on our way out.

The next two stops were boring- one was a jade market and the other was some weird museum.  The most exciting thing purchased at either place (No, no jade) was nuts.  Yup, nuts to munch on.  Then it was lunch and the reason for the whole trip- the Terracotta Warriors.  Librette went off on her own while the rest of us stuck together.  It was a fun journey through the Terracottas, and I did get some video on my phone.  I even bought a little terracotta warrior of my own.

The ride back was fine, I had my phone to listen to.  It was dinner in the Muslim Quarter again, then a walk around that included the witnessing of three fights, and finally some fruit tea and football.  It was a good day.

Day 3- Complete!

A short phone video of the Terrac…
Xi'an Sights & Attractions review
A Must-See!
There are three "pits" to the Terracotta Warriors. I was impressed by all of the exhibits and there's information in English as well. The area aroun… read entire review
photo by: Deats