AsiaChinaBeijing

Reading as a part of life

Beijing Travel Blog

I know this isn't the most exciting topic for a blog entry, especially on a travel website.  But either at home or abroad, reading has always been an integral part of my life.  I was raised to like books (that much is obviously from my mom, as my father is "allergic" to books and sits in bookstores near the magazines while he waits for my mother and I).  So something I look for in each new city is an English language bookstore.

Now in Rothenburg odT, Germany- I wasn't going to find anything huge.  It isn't a huge place and therefore just doesn't do huge.  But I found a couple of shops that had a decent selection (thankfully, especially when I sprained my ankle and was pretty much on my own for a few days).  In Prague, I headed to Big Ben and another store off of Old Town Square.  And Beijing- Chaterhouse since it's near the apartment (I'd go to the Foreign Language Bookstore, but it's a trip to Wangfujing).

I just finished a book called Marley & Me by John Grogan.  I wanted to read it since Marley is a yellow Lab that ended up reminding me oh-so-much of my own, Tyme.  And I have a bit of a cold, so I don't want to go out and look for a book, but I have nothing in home right now.  And then there's the "I'm traveling and must pack a book" syndrome that I suffer from, and going to Xi'an on Thursday requires a book.  Hopefully I'll make it to the store either Wednesday before work or something Thursday.  I'm hoping for Wednesday.

Now here's hoping they have something I want to read!  :D

Beijing