AsiaChinaBeijing

Headbanging in Heels

Beijing Travel Blog

Ok, so nothing exciting on the school (or life) front.  The most exciting thing that's happened to me is receiving a care package from Mom and Dad (containing clothes and my favorite- granola bars and dessert bowls).  Then I *finally* got Torchwood Season 1 on DVD from Amazon.  Only watched one episode (last night), and I've only watched episodes 1-10 of season 2 (there's 13).  I'm glad I can pace myself (like I can with chocolate, just ask my parents), makes it last longer.

So...as for the title.  This week's theme at school is music (so, naturally, I'm exciting anyway).  And this week's Music class topic- Heavy Metal.  So at the beginning, I told them a little bit about the history, then about the fashion, moshing, headbanging and crowd surfing.  Then I played "Crazy Train" by Black Sabbath, "You've Got Another Thing Coming" by Judas Priest, "The Trooper" by Iron Maiden, skipped over "Back in Black" by AC/DC due to time constraints, "Welcome to the Jungle" by Guns N Roses, and then my favorite.... Metallica's "Enter Sandman"!  So as the song started, and as James Hetfield's voice was about to come on, I put my hair down, got my metal hands ready... and headbanged!  Attempt 1 only last a few seconds since I wasn't steady on heels enough for it, so after taking my shoes off...

HEADBANG!

Yup, there's a Metal girl in me somewhere who comes out to play sometimes.........

The students seemed to enjoy it, and I got a sore neck out of the deal- but it was still so much fun!

It's moments like this I love my job.

Beijing