AsiaChinaXi'an

Back to Xi'An!

Xi'an Travel Blog

Drum Tower
It wasn't exactly an early morning, but I didn't get to sleep in either.  We headed to the airport early-ish, erring on the side of caution.  We breezed through check-in and security, and found our gate easily enough.  Since we had time to kill, we looked around a convenience store and a couple cafes before settling on take-away from a cafe.  I got a croissant and a piece of chocolate cake.  As we sat down at our gate, Jon tried the Jedi mind trick (or pushing- from the so-bad-it's-fun-to-make-fun-of movie Push) that I didn't want the chocolate cake.  Of course, his attempts were futile.  While they played gin rummy, I worked on my word search book.  Before the flight was called, I got a re-introduction to the game of gin rummy (I haven't played in many, many years- since my Grammie taught me to play at her kitchen table in Stamford).
Bell Tower

During the flight, we got decent snacks and played gin rummy until it was time to land.  Our stuff came quickly at the airport in Xi'An, and then we went looking for our hotel pick-up (when we reserved the room online, it said that we would get free hotel pick-up).  Of course there was no one there waiting for us, and we ended up taking a bus downtown.  Then we found a cheap tour to the Warriors, and got a free ride to the hotel.

Dude, it was cool.  Check-in was fine, just for some reason I couldn't use my Chinese debit card.  I guess it was too complicated.  *shrugs*  But the room- sweet!  Not as nice as the room in Shanghai, but I'm only paying 298RMB for a room that the board at reception said would cost over 800RMB.  We'd gotten a special!!!  The catch- construction.  But it wasn't too annoying, and the room was nice.

After a nap, we explored part of Xi'An, we walked down the main Food Streets, ate dinner (started off with a wonderful sweet & sour pork, followed by a good sesame beef and ended with an okay mutton soup dumpling that had too strong a ginger flavor).   We continued walking, went to McDonalds for ice cream- had to get rid of the mix of flavors- went by the Drum Tower and Bell Tower and back to the hotel.
bed
lounge and window
near the Bell Tower
near the Bell Tower
Xi'an Hotels & Accommodations review
Deep discount, with a catch
Overall, I was quite pleased with this hotel. I had booked it for two friends and me on Ctrip.com. We had gotten our rooms for 298 RMB per room, and… read entire review
Xi'an