AsiaChinaChengdu

Kathleen and Tanisha: Taking China by Typhoon!

Chengdu Travel Blog

The world's largest Buddha

So, our last week in China was a little bit of a let down travel wise, but still entertaining nonetheless. 2 nights in our guest house provided the entertainment of killing giant cockroaches in our bathroom.  Tanisha and I are pretty fierce, hiding on top of a stool, building up the courage to actually hit the damn thing with a shoe.  We were in Chengdu for 5 days where we visited the largest stone carved Buddha, which was carved into the side of a mountain.  Then I was sick for a day and while Tanisha was out in town on her own, she found her long lost Chinese grandpa.  You can imagine my surprise when she called me to tell me she met an old man in the park and he invited us to dinner. Unfortunately, I couldn't make it because I was sick and Tanisha rescheduled for the next day.  So the next morning we woke up early to go see the panda reserve.  Then that afternoon we headed to the park to meet grandpa.  But I think after running it by his wife, "Hey honey, I met some American in the park and she and her friend are coming for dinner tomorrow,"  it probably didn't go over very smoothly and our invitation was cancelled.  I was sort of relieved because he only spoke Chinese and I would have just been sitting there spacing out for 2 hours while Tanisha practiced her Chinese.

So that's the end of the China story.  Thailand story to follow shortly.
The worlds largest Buddha