A day alone!

Florence Travel Blog

Today we had classes and of course I had every single one. I was in class from 8 to 1!!! Classes are going well so far...nothing too stressful! After classes we had lunch, then Nikki, Allison, Andrew and I went into Florence to do some shopping at the San Lorenzo market. I got some shirts and a purse, everything is kind of expensive but in the market you can talk down the prices. Once I had got all the things I wanted, I decided to stay in Florence for dinner but I went alone. I found a small restaurant near the Palazzo Vecchio on a side street. It was so nice to be out of the villa and by myself. There is never a moment of alone time here. I was able to just sit, eat dinner, and write in my journal...which I have been writing in every night. After dinner I just went and sat in the Palazzo near the "David" and just walked all the people. It sounds boring but it really was nice. Walking around without a huge group of people really allows you to see everything better and take it all in. After adventuring off on my own, I went back to the villa and studied for Italian!
jenn79 says:
How cool! You're taking immersion language classes in Italy?!
Posted on: Sep 29, 2007