Planning

Somerville Travel Blog

Who would have thought that traveling around the world would take so much planning?  Oh yea, that's not surprising at all is it?  Unless you're one of those people who can just pack up and go with nothing else but a Passport and a starting destination.  I am not that person.

No, right now I have lists and lists, and lists for my lists, and a head full of tentitive lists just forming.  It's a good thing I love lists!

And here's a couple now.

A few things currently in progress to get Quarter Life Crisis Trip 08 off and running:
  • Finalizing and booking my Around the World ticket through Airtreks.  It's a little scary to put all your travels and a lot of your money into a company you can't visit except on the web, however, I have been working with a nice guy there who seems to be on the ball.
  • Making the final decision about which tour company to book with for my time in New Zealand.  There are basically two: Contiki and Connections Adventures.  I'm leaning toward Connections right now because they have a "Guaranteed Departure" on the date I want to book, and I've heard Contiki has a reputation for cancelling or postponing tours that don't have enough people.  If any one has had any experience with either of these groups, I welcome your input.
  • Pricing traveler's insurance plans.  Just started on this, so not much to report yet.

Other things I need to do:
  • Buy a new digital camera (any suggestions for a small, high zoom and pixel one?).
  • Buy a good all-weather jacket (looking into The North Face rain ones).
  • Find out what plug adapters I'll need for the countries I'll be in (I'm planning on taking my laptop).
  • Get a multitude of imunizations.  Yippee!  What's more fun than catching typoid on your own? Purposely getting it injected into your arm (or maybe your ass)!

Well, that's all the planning details I'll bore you with for now.

Over and out from Somerville.

Rambling on...

jteddyb says:
I think I had some kind of "crisis" when I was 27 and went back to grad school. Still don't know if it was quarter, third, or mid!
Posted on: Jan 05, 2008
annonommous123 says:
ohh and i have plug adapters that you can borrow. They're kind of heavy because i bought them way back in 2002, so i dont know if they have lighter ones now
Posted on: Sep 16, 2007
annonommous123 says:
1. Digital Camera Wise: consumer reports is the best place to checkout, I have an online subscription if you want the pw.
2. I believe you traveled this weekend, I am not seeing a post about your great springfield adventure
Posted on: Sep 16, 2007