Lake Arrowhead: It's snow, for rich people.

Lake Arrowhead Travel Blog

kayaking through the snow

So we all wanted to see snow and visit Dasha in southern California. So we all bought tickets to Ontario and rented a "cabin" by Lake Arrowhead. In hindsight, we should have all pitched in to bring Dasha to Tahoe. Who the hell goes to Southern California for snow, anyway?

Our cabin turned out to be some big house near the lake. Near the lake, but not right by the lake. It makes a difference because there is no public access to the lake. It's all private docks. No beach, no shore to walk on. And there's no woods in walking distance, just rich people's houses and SUV's. Sarah and I finally found a purportedly nude hiking trail to a hotspring about an hour away by car, but no one would lend us the car. So no gawking at nudists in the snow for us.

We resorted to sledding down someone's front lawn and finishing 80,000,000,000 peice puzzles.

Gail says:
Make sure when you rent a cabin or house it says a lake pass comes with the rental, yes I was surprised the first time I went to find out it is a private lake...but lots of modest rentals offer lake passes...and your right not the place to go for the snow, way too many people! We stay away from that place when it snows, all of southern cali. shows up when they get snow up there..oh yeah if it doesn't say LAKE FRONT $$$$$$$$ you can get most any thing...Fifi the flatlander
Posted on: Apr 18, 2009
bacon!
bacon!
sledding
sledding
Sarah and I get cabin fever and re…
Sarah and I get cabin fever and r…
Lake Arrowhead