Bocas Del Toro

Bocas del Toro Travel Blog

Drug Puppy!

In the afternoon, we cabbed to the domestic airport to catch a $70 flight to Bocas Del Toro. The airport is very small with only two terminals and plastic boarding passes. The best part was the adooorabble drug puppy that a guard was leading around. He had a little vest with an official logo and everything. Strangely, they allow you to coo all over the drug puppy -- I was kinda afraid they were going to pull me off and strip search me for a second.

The flight was unairconditioned and unventilated. It got very hot in that flying bus about an hour in. When we arrived in Bocas, we found that prices were much higher than the book stated. The weather was so nice we were tempted to sleep on a bench, but we finally found a place at the Scarlet Hotel for $7 each (for a double with private bathroom), which was actually pretty nice.

After putting down our stuff, we walked around town in search of the bars listed in the guidebook, but they were closed down (see the pattern?). We found a dark bar near the end of the island with no tourists and all locals.  We made friends with a couple of guys. Or, Atousa made friends with a guy which left me with the wingman, who spoke only Spanish. Remember that I speak no Spanish. I complied with the farce because communicating was just so damn amusing. "Ella es graciosa. Usted comprar cervesa para mi, si." Huh?

thenewextrememimi says:
Hee, I got dos cervesas paid for before the poor guy ran out of money.
Posted on: Dec 10, 2007
Ann_Hells says:
Hahah, so did you end up paying for it?
Posted on: Dec 10, 2007