Koh Phi Phi - Day one

Koh Phi Phi Travel Blog

So I almost missed the early morning pickup to the dock for the ferry.  I got woken up about 3 minutes before being left...good thing my friends called me.  After sleeping the entire 2 hour ferry ride to Koh Phi Phi, we took a long tail boat to Bay View Resort.  When we were done checking in, we had some lunch and hit the town.  It was a little rainy and overcast, but we hit up the beach on the northern side of the isthmus - across from the pier.  The beach wasn't too bad, and the water is pretty shallow for about a mile out.  We just had some brew and threw the football for a few hours.  Later on in the evening we had some dinner and hung out at Apache bar.  That place was pretty cool.  They had a decent happy hour and fire shows - even though a fire show indoors at a bar made completely of wood is a little crazy.  On the way home we stopped at a bar on the beach for a bit.  The most interesting thing about this place was all of the women were hitting on the Thai dudes.  Not something you see every day.  That's about it for today.